Workshops & seminars are always great fun, you learn a lot, meet interesting people, get re-enthused with your business.
The real difficulty is taking that away and apply it to your business.
Tom started out by saying that he wasn’t there to introduce something new he was there to remind us of what we already knew when we started out in entrepreneurship but had lost sight of in the heat of the moment.
He was right.
They key points of the day were:
– Write thank you notes. Religiously.
– Small is nothing to be ashamed of.
– Good enough is not a term we should take lightly. We need to be using works like shock and awe.
– #1 word for this market is focus.
– Learn to listen. Not half listen. Really listen. (Hint: take a listening course).
– Adapt small changes which result in behavioural changes.
– The next five years are going to be the defining years of our careers. We need to act on it, not hide from the challenge.
The underlying theme of all this was, the small things matter, they matter now than ever before and this should be our focus.
You can download slides of Tom’s presentation from his blog:
Also you can check out my exclusive interview with Tom on Youtube, Ben Young chats with Tom Peters.
The lighting wasn’t great, but audio is, so please listen as the content is mint.