Kaizen, an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement.
[From Wikipedia] The cycle of kaizen activity can be defined as:
- Standardize an operation
- Measure the standardized operation (find cycle time and amount of in-process inventory)
- Gauge measurements against requirements
- Innovate to meet requirements and increase productivity
- Standardize the new, improved operations
- Continue cycle ad infinitum
This is the standard business model.
It’s worth acknowledging that everything has a need for continuous improvement, constant maintenance, growth, nurturing.
The idea that you can set & forget doesn’t make any sense, especially in a technology driven world. Embrace it.