Filters can come in the form of networks, relationships, applications, physical filters.
- TechCrunch is a filter of tech news, in amongst all the news, they filter the good stuff out.
- Our Twitter networks are our own filter, filter of timely and relevant conversations to us.
- Traditionally Newspapers & the evening news have been filters.
- Seth Godins Triiibes is a filter in itself, a private group of people with a common interest.
- Google Alerts setup for your niche, emails you when stories appear of interest.
How can you develop a filter for your passion? or your industry?
By providing a filter you create a barrier between the signal and the noise. You will be rewarded for that.
Maybe even you are the filter?
Have a think about it, create one if necessary, the best thing about it? You are helping others, of which you can build a business out of, or just build your own brand.