Sales Techniques how do you sell someone on what you’ve got?
Honesty is the best tactic. When you’re honest you feel confident in what you’re selling, it forces you to focus on customers that will receive excess value and builds a strong relationship with your customer.
You can apply the old tried and true sales circles etc but I’ll be honest they do work but they’re not for me.
In approaching sales in the back of my mind is:
- A best result is where the client receives excess value (and no that doesn’t have to be from me).
- If we don’t work today I want to have opportunity to work in future.
- I want motivated customers who want to work for the long term.
- I want clients I can proudly tell my friends about and that are going to help me in the long run.
Based on this thinking the sales techniques to trick / trap consumers isn’t the best approach.
Thus approacing each meeting with the idea:
- Best for client
- Both reap excessive value
- Be honest
- Straight up: this is what I’ve got, this is what it’ll do and here’s what you need to do next
Is going to arm you with a solid way to sell your product to the right people and grow your business.
Consumers are increasingly sophisticated they want to be looked after they can read a sales pitch and it makes them uncomfortable. Transparency is the only winning approach.