Today I celebrate a year of blogging! Woo hoo!
I started off initially 1 post a week, then ramped up to three posts a week (a huge step). Then in September decided to try and do one a business day. Since then I have been set.
I have explored doing more than 1 post a day but tend to avoid it. By limiting my output I enhance the value of the posts that do make it. Often I find myself deleting posts that are great but not great enough.
Some of the cool stuff that has happened as a direct (or indirect) result of my blogging:
- Written my first book The Best Ideas are Free*
- Succesfully got my ChangeThis proposal voted in (yet to be released). Thanks to all that voted.
- Had the chance to interview Tom Peters (video here)
- Priceless friendships & networks that typically require years to build
- Had the blog republished on GetFrank
- Also earlier this year after recommendations from readers of the blog it is now republished once a week on the NZHerald, one of New Zealands biggest media sites. Consequently it is the #1 Business Blog on the herald (in traffic & comments).
- Built up my twitter network, meeting many many great people.
- Got invited to speak on Gen C & Entrepreneurship (video link) at the Digital Summit earlier this year
- Prepared several manifestos & ebooks Blogging Strategy, Blogging Strategy: Extras for Experts edition, bwagy marketing manifesto, Business Stripped Bare
- Generated of hours attention and thousands of visitors
- Established bwagy brand
- Forced me to explain myself, challenge myself, am much much smarter this year than last. (Reasons on why to start a blog today & video)
- By my calculations processed about 16,200 emails!… (compared to 2000 the year before).
- 214 posts – 353 comments…untold spam haha
The list goes on, it has been a wonderful year & I look forward to many more… so keep watching & participating, glad to have you here.
I just want to thank you all for reading – keep an eye on the blog for a follow up special* announcement later in the day 🙂 -Ben.